Selection of furniture for the hotel. What should be considered?
Hotel furniture is a set of furniture used in hotels to provide comfortable rest for guests in the SPA area, restaurant area, other areas of the hotel, and guest rooms.
They should be durable, comfortable, ergonomic, and comply with safety requirements and standards.
Choosing furniture according to design specifications has its peculiarities, and the main goal of the hotel industry always remains aesthetics, so it is important to take into account the following aspects:
- Comfort: Furniture should be comfortable and convenient for guests to use, especially in guest rooms.
- Design: Furniture should correspond to the style and architecture of the hotel, as well as create an attractive atmosphere for guests.
- Durability: Furniture should be strong and resistant to use, with a high level of wear and moisture resistance in SPA areas, terraces, and balconies.
- Safety: Furniture should comply with safety and health requirements, such as the absence of sharp edges and hazardous materials.
- Functionality: Furniture should be practical and convenient to use, such as adjustable chairs and tables for restaurants.
- Cost-effectiveness: Choosing the appropriate furniture can save costs in the long term. Furniture should be more durable and require less maintenance, which can lead to significant economic benefits in the future. It is also important to consider the possibility of scaling the furniture composition in the future, taking into account the cost and purchase of additional elements.
- Price: It is important to determine your budget for furniture and choose products that meet your requirements and fit within your budget.
Technical specifications of hotel furniture are important for ensuring quality and durability:
Technical specifications of hotel furniture are an important aspect when choosing furniture for your hotel. They affect the longevity, quality, and ability of the furniture to meet your requirements.
- Manufacturing material: the use of high-quality materials such as wood, wood composite materials, metal, and textiles ensures the quality and durability of the furniture.
- Hardware: auxiliary elements (drawers, handles, hinges, drawer slides, supports, sliding systems, lifting mechanisms, fasteners, shelf brackets, etc.). Furniture hardware should be of high quality and reliable, as its strength affects the service life and wear resistance of the furniture.
- Compliance with standards: furniture must comply with all relevant regulatory documents and safety standards.
- Functionality: furniture must have all the necessary functions and properties, such as height adjustment or a mechanism for smoothly closing doors.
- Warranty: manufacturers must provide a suitable warranty for all products and components.
Various materials with different properties and quality are used to make hotel furniture. The main materials used in the hotel furniture industry include:
- Wood. Wood is one of the most common materials used for making furniture for hotels. It gives the furniture a stylish and elegant look.
- Metal. Metal is also used for making furniture for hotels. This provides high durability and safety.
- MDF. This material is eco-friendly as it contains much fewer formaldehyde resins.
- Veneer. This material combines price and quality, looking no different from natural wood on the outside. This amazing material is easily restored if it is necessary to remove scratches or wear.
- Particleboard. Particleboard furniture can serve for more than 10 years, without losing the attractiveness of its appearance.
- Textile. Textile materials are also used for making furniture for hotels, in particular decorative textile elements.
Requirements for the durability and strength of hotel furniture
Requirements for the durability and strength of hotel furniture are extremely important as they must withstand wear and tear during daily use by a large number of guests.
Furniture in hotels should be made of strong and durable materials, such as wood, metal, particleboard, MDF.
Connections should be well constructed, using methods such as “dovetail” or mortise and tenon joints, so that the furniture withstands intensive use without breaking.
In addition, decorative materials such as paint, varnish, tones, and stains should be durable and able to withstand many visitors. To ensure durability, hotel furniture should be regularly maintained, carrying out any necessary repairs promptly on time.
Design and style of hotel furniture
When it comes to hotel furniture, design and style play a crucial role in creating a hospitable and comfortable atmosphere. Different design styles and trends can set the tone for the overall look and atmosphere of a hotel.
One of the key elements in designing furniture for hotels is the choice of colour and texture. A neutral colour palette, such as beige or grey, can create a calm and soothing atmosphere, while brighter colours such as red or blue can add energy to a room. In addition to colour and texture, the style of furniture can also play an important role. Popular styles vary from contemporary and minimalist to traditional and elegant, depending on the region and cultural background of the guests. The selected furniture style should complement the hotel’s overall aesthetic and surroundings.
A carefully curated collection of furniture can help create a warm, cozy space where guests will feel comfortable and at ease. Whether a hotel is looking for a classic timeless look or a more modern atmosphere, the right furniture can play a key role in achieving the desired ambience.
A well-conceived hotel concept can greatly influence the overall impression of guests, helping to create an unforgettable and enjoyable experience.
Criteria for choosing furniture for hotels
When choosing furniture for a hotel, important factors to consider include cost-effectiveness. Hotel owners need to balance the costs of purchasing and maintaining furniture in order to provide a comfortable and functional space for guests. Additionally, furniture should be designed to maximize the available space in each room, which is particularly important for smaller rooms.
One way to achieve cost-effectiveness is to choose furniture that is sturdy and durable, reducing the need for frequent replacements and repairs. This can be achieved by selecting furniture made from high-quality materials, such as solid wood or metal frames, as well as fabrics that can withstand frequent use and cleaning.
From the perspective of maximizing space, furniture should be chosen with practicality and functionality in mind. For example, multifunctional furniture, such as a bed with built-in storage, can save space and provide guests with additional storage options. Additionally, wall-mounted or foldable furniture can also be a good option, as they take up less space while providing all necessary functions.
Overall, when choosing furniture for a hotel, it is important to consider both cost-effectiveness and space efficiency for each item, in order to create a comfortable and functional environment for guests while keeping costs within budget.
In summary, furniture for hotels should meet certain technical requirements, such as safety, durability, and comfort. It should also be made from high-quality materials to ensure long-term use.
The design and style of the furniture should reflect modern trends and enhance the visual atmosphere of the hotel. When choosing furniture for a hotel, important factors to consider include cost-effectiveness as well as the balance between style and functionality. Ultimately, the furniture should contribute to creating a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for hotel guests.